Wait, am I Thelma or are you? Here’s a joint blog, or more of a call and response blog, with eTrish. Go on, click over, ’cause she went first.
The beach rocks, even if we are all suffering from the allergens in the air. Less Thelma and Louise and more like Sleepy, Doc and Dopey. We, having both been fussed at by various doctors and mothers, have finally noticed that we’ve got some junk in our respective trunks. You know: high cholesterol, blood pressure and dress size? So, we have been eating spa quality diet foods. It’s been fun and tasty. We wish we had the time to do this every day…
ANYROAD, Trish posed some questions on her post. Here are the answers:
1. It’s been so long, I don’t know. I guess I’d go to the gym, quilt, cook something that needs my undivided attention. In short, I would find my inner Zsa Zsa Gabor and be a paragon of self indulgence. However, I would spend one minute out of every 15 on the phone with whoever has my kids to see how they are…
2. Ohhh! Tough question! Depends on whether I have to choose between ski-mask or flip-flops. I seem to have packed neither…
3. That’s Grandpa. His story would part your hair. Grandpa T-bone’s early life would make a great screenplay… We’ll work on that after we finish “Fair Trade is a Mongol Myth (working title).” Everyone who knew Grandpa seems to have liked him. He passed when I was a small child.
4. I’m a hobbled horse. It’s three times the effort to go out on the house these days, and 20 times the work for me to a place that is not focused on “Child Containment.” Forgive me for taking so long to get you out and off to a weekend at the beach. You are doing so great with the kids. You follow your instincts well. Just keep rubbing my feet, back, head and all the other sore spots in my chunky, bruised ego.
5. Let me get this straight; you’llbe there? Done. Perfect. I guess it would be a “learning” weekend. We always seem to have the best time traveling together and seeing historic sites or taking a class. So, I guess a craft tour would be the most fun for us. Assuming we have unlimited funds, we could have a blast going to Disney’s University or the Campbell Folk School. We don’t need to pick up cadets in Annapolis again, we’ve so worn that out…
The bonus: I count on naps. I KILL to keep the schedule. I depend on Tony to take the girls off my hands every now and again, and I have learned to do many things one handed.
NOW – It’s your turn.
Answer me these questions…. 5.
1. We’ve been super good about eating healthy, are we going to throw it all away tomorrow at breakfast? What’s your fantasy pig-out? I know about the ice cream… pick something else.
2. What got you into the cold water yesterday? I NEVER thought you’d get in, but you beat me to getting drenched.
3. When we strike lotto, where will our first “girl’s weekend” take us?
4. Do you feel a bit cheated that I bring my kids on the girls weekend?
5. Tractor or Ph.D. Which is more of a challenge?
And, for a bonus, share your recipe for the chocolate cafe frappe.