Five things that were kind of stinko:
- I left Eleanor at home with her daddy. I only missed her a little.
- Dead armadillos. It seemed that we passed about 400 dead armadillos along the side of the road.
- The weather. It POURED rain and there was mud up to my ankles.
- The Steakhouse. There was a steak and seafood restaurant next to our hotel. 3 out of 4 of us at the table ordered the roast beef. 2 in a Queen cut and on in a King. The waitress made about 3 trips back to the table after we ordered to say – “We only have one Queen cut left, can I get you something else?” “Sorry, we don’t have another King cut, either. Can I get you something else?” and “Ok, We only have the one King and NO Queens, can I get you something else?”. At none of these returns, did she bring a menu. What? were we supposed to guess what else there was? Also, when the ONE King cut of roast beast left in all of Central Alabama came to the table, it was far past the RARE temperature ordered. He who ordered it was angry, but I just told him “Well, rare, in this case means ‘it’s the only one.'” By the way, the specials board still said that the night’s two signature dishes were the King and Queen cuts of roast beef. (roll eyes)
- I threw my diet under the bus. I just gave up and entertained myself with whatever I saw that was ediable.
Five things that were great this weekend:
- Babymoon. I got to spend some quality time with Saralyn with out a toddler asking every few minutes seconds, “Whad are you dooooing?”
- Alabama Humor. Someone actually took the time to stop next to a bloated dead armadillo, rummage around in his truck for an old beer bottle and place it in the paws of some road kill. Hilarious! Really, the stuff that would make Chaucer weep and Shakespeare wet his pants.
- Good advice. My friend Bianca gave me some good advice about how to deal with a Featal Alcohol Syndrome mother and child in my playgroup. We will see if it works.
- A great traveling companion. Bambi travels really well. We never have trouble when we go someplace together, no quarrels or fuss. Good companions are rare. The conversation over the whole weekend was great. I got ZERO toddler talk in! All grown up words and phrases! Whoo whoo!
- Throwing my diet under the bus. I just said “whatever” and ate… whatever. And drank. Ahh… champaign. It’s back on the lean wagon today.
By the way, my friend, who we went to go watch in the SCA tournament, did not win. He did really well. This was neither a good or bad thing. He was disappointed, but there is always another tournament. He’ll win soon.
Another week begins…